This is measured on a number of factors and therefore difficult to estimate. Once you have spoken to one of our expert solicitors and they have assessed your personal injury claim they will be able to provide an estimate as to how much compensation you should receive. Please remember, each claim for compensation is dealt with individually and on its own merits.

Yes. Any losses such as wages due to being off sick, any prescriptions, taxi fares or any other losses such as not being able to drive thanks to a personal injury that was not your fault can compensated by the other party.

You have three years from the date of the accident to claim for compensation. However, if you were a child or under the age of eighteen you will have until three years after your eighteenth birthday in which to make a claim for personal injury.

Yes, however your parent or guardian has to make the claim for compensation on your behalf.

Even if you believe that you are partly to blame due to your own actions resulting in your injuries then you may still be entitled to claim for compensation. If you can show that the other party was at least partially responsible for causing your injuries then you will most certainly be able to claim.

Yes, it is important to get medically examined by an independent doctor. This is usually a brief appointment where you will be advised on any treatment and an indication will be made as to how long it will take for you to recover. For ease and convenience our solicitor will arrange a medical examination for you close to your home.

In most cases your solicitor will endeavour to settle your case without you having to attend a court hearing by negotiating with the insurance company. However, your solicitor will ensure you are comfortable explaining the process with any decision to issuing court proceedings.

We invest in people and therefore at Claim500 you will not just be given an expert solicitor but we will also provide you with a dedicated file handler who will keep you updated how much or little you would like via e-mails, text messages, calls or whichever form of notification you choose to receive.

No. If you’ve been injured as a result of an accident at work then you can make a claim for compensation as it’s compulsory for your employees to take out insurance for injuries at work. Don’t worry as most employers expect their employees to make a claim if they are injured at work. You cannot lose your job for making a claim for personal injury at work but if you do you then have a case for unfair dismissal. Remember, you work in a place where accidents can happen every day and making a claim for compensation protects your colleagues. So, in reality you are doing your employers a service by reducing the danger in the workplace.

It is difficult to give a clear estimate as every case depends on a number of different circumstances. This is why we do not just provide you with an expert solicitor but a dedicated personal file handler who will manage your case through to completion advising all the steps and progress of your claim.

Contact us by telephone, text or e-mail or simply fill out our online enquiry form for an immediate assessment of your claim for compensation.

As a medical professional, it is your dentist’s responsibility to listen to any concerns you have regarding your dental health and to communicate clearly with you, the patient, regarding any advice and treatment required.

The General Medical Council explains that medical professionals should establish and maintain partnerships with patients and communicate effectively. If you feel that your dentist has not conducted himself correctly, such as not paying attention when you described your symptoms or carrying out careless surgical procedures that seemed only to exacerbate the problem at hand, then you may be a victim of medical negligence and entitled to make a claim.

At Claim 500 our personal injury experts can manage your compensation claim on your behalf. We work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis and guarantee a smooth, hassle-free compensation process.

Find out more about dental negligence here

Accident At Work Claims

Accidents at work can impact your health, finances and family. Your employer is bound by health and safety regulations and has a duty of care to look after employees and provide a safe working environment. If you suffer an accident at work primarily caused by negligence or non-adherence to health and safety regulations, faulty equipment, or incidents that could have been prevented by your colleagues or employer, then you could be eligible to claim.

If you have had an accident at work, did you stop to consider that your employer could have been at fault? Perhaps they could have implemented more stringent safety procedures and precautions to minimize the risk of accident and injury?

Facts And Figures

The latest Health and Safety Executive (HSE) figures show that 1.1 million people are suffering from a work-related illness and last year alone there were 78,000 reported injuries. The most frequent causes of injury are slips, trips, manual handling or falls from a height. Many of these could have been avoided simply by maintaining a safer working environment.

Accidents at work most commonly take place when an employer breaches their duty of care and safety procedures are neglected. Your employer has a legal duty to protect you and to inform you of all relevant health and safety issues.

So What Can You Do?

Claim 500 is a UK based personal injury company that specialises in serious injury compensation claims. If you suspect that your employer is in breach of their duty of care and this may have contributed to your accident, contact us today to find out if you can make a claim.

Find out more about accident at work claims.

If your job requires you to work alone, without close or direct supervision, your employer is required to consider and deal with any potential risk involved before you are permitted to do so.

As the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) explains, a typical risk assessment would consider potential hazards, such as the location and environment of the workplace, as well as any manual handling requirements involved. Employers must implement appropriate supervision and monitoring procedures to stay in touch with the individual and fulfil any necessary training requirements. All of these measures work to ensure that the employee is best equipped to handle any potentially hazardous situation.

If these considerations are not met, your workplace may be deemed unsafe and it is very possible you would be able to make a claim for an accident at work.


If you work in agriculture and have had an accident at work, have you considered whether your employer was managing risks properly and taking the correct precautions? According to Health and Safety Executive (HSE) figures, some of the most common non-fatal injuries are caused by:

  • same-level slips
  • trips or falls
  • being struck by moving objects
  • animals.

Around 12,000 agricultural workers report illnesses caused or made worse by their work. Your employer has a legal duty to identify hazards and assess risks, and take the necessary precautions so that you can work safely.


Employers must report specific injuries that happen at work, and if you’re self-employed you can report a specific injury, and also one that lasts over seven days. According to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), specific injuries include broken, cracked or chipped bones other than of fingers, thumbs and toes.

Traumatic or surgical amputations following an accident must also be reported. Other injuries include crushing, blinding, burns and scalping, asphyxia-related loss of consciousness or asphyxia, and heat or cold injuries resulting from working in a totally or partly enclosed space.

Workplace accidents happen more frequently when precautions have not been followed to protect employees. If you have suffered an injury that was RIDDOR reported, find out if you can make a claim though our no-win, no fee service.


By law if you have an accident at work, even if it is minor one, you should reported it and have it recorded in your employer’s ‘accident book’. It is helpful in a scenario where you might need to take time off work or claim personal injury compensation. Major injuries – for example broken bones, head and crush injuries, and contact with hazardous substances – should be reported to the Health and Safety department at your local authority or the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Certain injuries require a RIDDOR report.


Brain Injury Claims

A brain injury is any severe injury to the brain or head that has caused temporary or longer term unconsciousness, coma, nausea or vomiting, fitting (seizures) or dizziness. It can be caused by anything from a serious trip or fall in the workplace, to a car accident, and has the potential to leave lasting damage. Difficulty walking and trouble speaking are just two of the long-term problems brain injuries can cause. Victims and their families make personal injury claims to help with costs of rehabilitation, care, equipment and loss of earnings, among other reasons.

If you have suffered concussion as the result of an accident or negligent action that wasn’t  your fault, then you can put in a claim for compensation for serious injury. Concussion can cause a range of symptoms and may result in you having to take time off work to recover or receive treatment.

For more information about  brain and head injury compensation claims and your ability to claim, click the link below.

brain and head injury claims

Depending on the severity of your brain injury and the symptoms that emerge as a result of it, recovery from your injury can take a varying amount of time. Your injury may cause lasting permanent damage such as difficulties with speech or movement. Dealing with these lingering effects could facilitate ongoing care which a claim for serious injury could go some way to paying for.

Most accidents can be prevented so you should never cut corners when it comes to safety, even if it inconveniences you.

Simply protecting your head at work, in your leisure pursuits and when doing DIY can help prevent serious or even life threatening injury. For example, always wear a safety helmet when cycling, motorcycling or skiing, and follow health and safety regulations when you’re operating potentially dangerous equipment or working in a hazardous environment.

Brain and head injuries can have financial as well physical repercussions, such as loss of earnings and rehabilitation costs. If you or a loved one has suffered a head or brain injury resulting from a work or personal accident, it’s possible to make a claim.


Serious Injury Claims

In the UK serious injury is classed as any that requires you to be kept in hospital as an in-patient. In addition to this, those that need medical treatment but not an in-patient stay in hospital, such as fractures, concussion, internal injuries, crushing, severe cuts and lacerations, and burns, can all be described as serious injuries.

Compensation payments for a serious injury vary in amount depending upon the overall severity of your injury and its lasting impact. An injury from which you make a full recovery will acquire a smaller amount than one that has a long-term detrimental effect.

Your claims advisor will be able to give you a clearer picture of what you might expect to receive should your claim be successful.

A broken leg can be a direct result of a trip or fall, accident in the workplace, or a road traffic accident. The resulting injury could require surgery and will require time off work whilst you recover. If that is the case and your broken leg is the result of an accident that was not your fault then you could be entitled to make a serious injury claim for compensation. For more information on serious injury claims and how to begin your claims process visit our serious injury page.

Circumstances beyond your control can cause serious injuries; you can have road accident while driving, on a bike or as a pedestrian; while at work; during your leisure time. It’s important to know that you can still claim for compensation no matter the circumstances.
Staircases and vehicles are among the most common culprits, as is non-compliance with workplace health & safety guidelines. Some incidences involve recreational drugs and accidental poisoning, and human error or carelessness.

Claim 500 may be able to help you or a loved one in the event of a serious injury, by helping you claim for compensation to relieve the financial pressure.


Spinal injuries can vary in severity and recovery time. The injuries can lead to temporary or persistent backache, mobility problems or, in extreme cases, paralysis.

Less severe injuries can have a reasonably straightforward recovery time. Bed rest or time off work can sometimes alleviate the pressure on the spine and allow it the chance to recover naturally.

In some cases, recovery becomes more of a case of condition management, because severe spinal injuries can have a number of different physical effects upon a person. Loss of movement or loss of control over limbs or bodily functions can be a direct result of a spinal injury.

Severe spinal injuries can also have a neurological impact. Patient.co.uk lists depression and suicidal feelings as potential major issues affecting people suffering from severe spinal cord injuries.

Lead poisoning can, if left unchecked, be fatal. There are many possible symptoms, among them:

  • High blood pressure
  • Abdominal pain
  • Vomiting
  • Constipation
  • Joint pains
  • Muscle pain
  • Decline in mental faculty
  • Pain, numbness or tingling in arms and legs
  • Headache
  • Memory loss
  • Mood disorders
  • Miscarriage or premature birth
  • Deformed sperm

If you suspect someone to be suffering from lead poisoning you should seek medical attention immediately.

Medical Negligence

If something has gone wrong during a medical procedure and you decide to pursue compensation for medical negligence, it is possible to claim against specific professionals or organisations such as your GP, hospital, surgeons, midwives, dentists, nurses or anyone else who has treated you in a professional medical capacity. If you are confused about who might be responsible, speak to one of our medical negligence claims advisers to find out more.

Find out more about claiming for medical negligence here

As a medical professional, it is your dentist’s responsibility to listen to any concerns you have regarding your dental health and to communicate clearly with you, the patient, regarding any advice and treatment required.

The General Medical Council explains that medical professionals should establish and maintain partnerships with patients and communicate effectively. If you feel that your dentist has not conducted himself correctly, such as not paying attention when you described your symptoms or carrying out careless surgical procedures that seemed only to exacerbate the problem at hand, then you may be a victim of medical negligence and entitled to make a claim.

At Claim 500 our personal injury experts can manage your compensation claim on your behalf. We work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis and guarantee a smooth, hassle-free compensation process.


Poor care is known as medical or clinical negligence. It can mean an incorrect diagnosis or not being diagnosed at all, even if you or a loved one were ill – which could result in the wrong treatment. You may have suffered the after-effects of an operation that went wrong, or feel that your general care fell well below acceptable standards.Call us today to find out. We work on a no-win, no-fee policy, meaning you keep 100% of your compensation if you win and pay nothing if you’re unsuccessful.


All types of operation involve some degree of risk. These risks can mostly be managed during the procedure though not in cases of medical negligence. Some of the common cosmetic surgery claims for medical negligence come from people who have had breast surgery, weight-loss surgery, nose reductions, facelifts and cosmetic dentistry. Included in this is aftercare for example if it was not satisfactory or if an infection was left untreated. Plastic surgery complications can also happen as a result of damage to nerves, arteries or organs during a procedure, due to medical negligence.


This implies that there has been medical negligence or poor clinical judgment that produced an unsatisfactory aesthetic outcome to your surgery, perhaps that has left unacceptable scarring or injury. Cosmetic surgery is like any other area of medical practice and if something goes wrong, it is for the law to decide whether there is any legal liability. You might be able to make a claim for compensation if medical negligence can be proved, though you won’t be able to if you’re simply unhappy because it hasn’t achieved as much as you anticipated.


Your GP will ask you a series of questions about your symptoms, followed by a physical examination if relevant, to help make a diagnosis. Based on the evidence, your doctor will offer you advice, medicines or other treatments. You can ask them to explain in more detail if you need it.

If you think that your GP has not made the right diagnosis and isn’t offering you the treatment you need, you can ask for a second medical opinion from a different doctor. While this isn’t your legal right, it is an acceptable practice. You can opt to see another GP at the same practice.